Monday, August 12, 2013

Faith & Fitness: Week 7



Week 7: PATIENCE!

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Fitness is a journey. The time it takes to reach your goals is a reminder that God does everything in His time. Would I like to be a size 8 tomorrow? Oh yes.  But I am confident that I am honoring God by taking care of my health, and since my body is a temple of His Holy Spirit, then my desire to take good care of my health is a desire that pleases Him.  I believe He will allow me to meet my fitness goals, but it will take time and work on my part. And when I reach those goals, I will appreciate them that much more because I worked so hard- and I will give God the glory because I know I didn’t do it all on my own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

We just completed Faith & Fitness this week, and we are praying about the possibility of running it once a month, then running the whole 7 week series again, possibly twice a year.  I hope these posts have been a blessing to you and have helped you improve both your spiritual and physical health!

No comments: