Monday, August 12, 2013

Faith & Fitness: Week 5



Week 5: THE BLESSING OF FITNESS

“Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits” Psalm 103:1-2

A friend said to me: “I was just thinking after my workout how blessed I am to be able to workout, move my body, lift weights, etc. my health is a BLESSING and I know I can take it for granted.”

How much do we take our ability to exercise for granted? Do we feel like it’s torture? Do we feel deprived as we try to eat healthy foods & deny ourselves sweets and treats? Do we realize we are blessed to be able to move our bodies, and that some people are not that blessed? When a workout gets particularly tough, and you’re running low on strength & energy, thank God He has given you the ability to do that hard work, as difficult as it is! Don’t forget that God has blessed you to be able to move your body and He has provided you with healthy foods to eat. Instead of griping about depriving myself of sweets, I make myself a huge fancy salad that makes me feel like I’m at a restaurant, and I thank God for my delicious meal as I savor every bite!

No comments: