Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Faith & Fitness: Week 3



Week 3: YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
 
In this scripture, Paul is speaking of abstaining from sexual immorality, but we can also honor God with our bodies by keeping ourselves healthy. I used to binge eat all the time & I would feel convicted: am I honoring God with my body when I eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's? Am I treating my body as a temple, or a garbage disposal?
 
This is something I still struggle to control. I stopped buying ice cream & chips, but I can still binge on a bag of almonds & raisins when I am not being mindful. I continue to ask God for strength to honor Him with my body by taking good care of it & exhibiting self control- which we will talk about next week!

No comments: