Sunday, June 30, 2013

Faith & Fitness- Week 2



Week 2: BEING CONTENT

“Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:11-13

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
Some of us are so unhappy with our bodies that we put our happiness on hold. Paul tells us in Philippians that he has learned to be content no matter his circumstances. I believe this applies to how we see ourselves. We should not wait until we're a size 0 to be happy. We should thank God for every small goal we reach with our health. Am I where I want to be yet? No! But I am grateful for the improvements to my health- grateful I've found a way to fit more veggies into my diet, grateful I've found exercise routines I enjoy, grateful for the support of good friends as we go through our fitness journeys together, and heck yeah, I'm grateful for the 25 lbs I've lost & the muscle tone I'm starting to see! I think the thing I am most thankful for is that God has brought me to a place where He can now use me to help other people reach their goals.

Do I still have a long way to go? Yes! But I am not putting my happiness on hold. I am content because I am looking for the blessings in this journey, and not only waiting for the end. There is always a reason to be thankful, you just have to look for it!

No comments: