Sunday, August 19, 2012

Super Yummy Potato Salad!

So I've had these fingerling potatoes sitting here, and I had no idea what to make with them. I bought them because my 5 year old sniffed the bag, so his germs were on it. (then it turned out that bag was moldy, and they had an employee run back & get me a new bag!)

I was inspired by the delicious potato salads we've been getting at the Lansdowne farmers market from the Lansdowne Table. They usually use fingerling potatoes, so I thought "why not?"

Here's what you need:
1 lb fingerling potatoes
3 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs lemon juice
Sea salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Chives
Dill
(measurements are approximate. I do not measure unless I'm baking- I was generous with the garlic & dill, just a few shakes of everything else)

Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender. (I like them soft, so I boiled them about 5 minutes, if you like them firm, I wouldn't cook them as long.)
Let potatoes cool & cut them into quarters.

To save cleaning, I only used one bowl- so mix the mayo, lemon juice, & seasonings in the bottom of a large bowl, dump the potatoes on top & mix well. Enjoy!

No comments: